INFORMATION COLLECTION AND SHARING
We utilize cookies, which are small pieces of information sent to your web browser by a website that you visit. Used as a method of tracking, cookies also enable San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance to relate a visitor’s use of San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance information to any information that a visitor may have specifically and knowingly provided to San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance. Any such voluntarily provided information, if applicable, may be used by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance for editorial, marketing, or promotional purposes. You can set your browser to not accept cookies from Our Websites or other websites you may visit. By doing so, however, some websites or portions of websites may not function properly. By using Our Websites and not disabling cookies, You consent to allowing their use for the purposes described in this policy.
In addition to cookies, information We collect from You is used to help us monitor site usage and traffic patterns of Our customers to the extent that it serves Our business purposes. San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance will maintain safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of Your information. Statistical aggregate information, as well as personal information, is collected for internal and administrative purposes. Any public disclosure of aggregate information regarding site usage and traffic, which is necessary for business marketing and advertising purposes, is always devoid of any personally identifying information.
The personally identifiable information that You provide to Us and information about any order that you place on our Websites may be combined with other of Your personally identifiable information from Our records and other sources. This information will be used to make Our future marketing efforts to You more efficient. This information may also be shared with our carefully selected third-party service providers and other marketers whose products or services We feel may be of interest to You. Once We share your information with a third-party, such information becomes subject to such third-party’s privacy practices.
To opt out of information sharing for the purpose of advertising, please contact 619-718-3000 with your request.
Information Automatically Collected In Mobile Apps
When you use these apps, we automatically collect specific data that are required for the use of the app. This data includes:
- Location, accuracy and date/time periodically throughout the day (only while at the attraction)
- Each visit to the resort including date/time first seen and last seen
- Operating system
- Operating system version
- Device name
- Battery level
- Battery status (charging or not)
- Bluetooth status (on or off)
- Mobile network carrier name
- Currently connected Wi-Fi SSID
- Location permission status (on or off)
- IP address
- User's preferred locale
- Current time zone
- App version and build number
- App interactions (captured as events fed to Firebase Analytics and Keen IO)
- Date/time entered/exited geofence region (if you enter an offered geofence region)
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance has incorporated the latest Internet technological standards into the design of the secure purchase areas of its Websites. We also monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to access, upload, or change information on the Websites and across Our network. Under no uncertain terms, any information You send us while within the secure shipping area is protected by 128-bit “Secure Socket Layer” SSL encryption, making Your transaction safe and reliable. You can tell whether you are in our secure shopping area by viewing the “lock” or “key” at the bottom of your browser—an unlocked or broken key (depending on your browser) means you are in an unsecured area.
Shopping on the Internet is safe, and online credit card transactions are no more risky than other means of shopping. Our encryption methods make credit card fraud even more difficult than mail or phone orders, or even in-person purchases. If You experience fraudulent use of your credit card as a result of using Our Websites, notify your credit card company per its rules and procedures. Most credit card companies will either cover the fraudulent purchases or hold you liable for no more than $50.
As a standard Internet practice, should your credit card company hold you liable for some portion of a fraudulent charge stemming from Our Website(s), We will reimburse You for the maximum liability of $50, provided the purchase was made through Our secure server.
YOUR CONSENT AND CHANGES TO POLICY
This Donor Policy covers donor information we collect through the mail, over the phone, on site at our facilities, off site at San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance events and online through our Websites and was created to provide confidence as you donate, visit, join, or use our services. It also demonstrates our commitment to fair information practices and the protection of privacy.
With respect to our donation and membership fundraising practices, we abide by The Association of Fundraising Professional’s (AFP) Donor Bill of Rights, which requires that we handle all information about our donors and members with respect and with confidentiality to the full extent provided by law.
AFP Donor Bill of Rights
1. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Donor Information Collection and Sharing
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance will collect donor and member information when processing monetary or in-kind donations, establishing San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance membership, completing online purchases, registering for San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance programs or events and when providing customer or donor stewardship services. We may use your information to send you transactional receipts, renewal notices, upgrade offers, park updates and newsletters, as well as occasional mailings and emails about San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance and its programs that We think might be of interest to you.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance may share donor and member information with Our third-party service providers to help us steward, retain and expand our donor and membership base. These services may include membership marketing and fulfillment, membership processing and data analytics.
The personally identifiable information that you provide to us, along with donor transactional information may be combined with other personally identifiable information and transaction information from our records and other sources to help us carry out Our legitimate business purposes.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance provides you with the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive donor communications from Us, direct mail offers, telemarketing offers, emails or updates, or if you do not want Us to share your personally identifiable information with our third-party service providers. To opt out, please write to San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, Attention: Opt Out, P.O. Box 120271, San Diego, CA. 92112. This will prevent the sharing of your donor information and will cease all communications not required by law.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance also reserves the right to disclose your information in circumstances that San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance deems necessary or appropriate, such as to respond to a legal process or request from a governmental agency.
Effective date: 8/18/2022